Wednesday, November 5, 2014

Halloween Recap & A Simple Fall Centerpiece

This is the first Halloween that both girls were super excited to go Trick or Treating and have been talking about it for weeks!  We purchased their costumes back in September from Costco and they have been dying to wear them everyday.  Anabella picked Snow White and Olivia picked Merida, from Brave.  My dad decided to buy the girls a wig for each of their costumes and they just get me every time they put them on!!  They didn't wear them during trick or treating, but we did manage to get a few pictures before they revolted!  For Emma's pumpkin costume, I actually found it on Halloween day at a consignment store for a $1.75...SCORE!!!    


Each year we have gone to my aunt's neighborhood and walk to one end of the street and then back up the other side...it is a really LONG street!!  The girls had a blast going to each house and proudly announcing "Trick or Treat" when the door was opened and then shyly saying "Thank you" and running to show me their candy.  They would even show Emma and would get a kick out of when she gave them a big smile.



They are still playing dress up almost everyday and so excited to have new dresses in the mix, but enough of their cuteness!

I have been seeing all over Pinterest such beautifully set tables for Fall and Thanksgiving, and don't get me wrong they are absolutely gorgeous, but just not something I can do right now.  We don't have a long dining table anymore and our kitchen table, where we eat all of our meals, usually just has a bowl of fake apples on it...yeah I am that lady! Three meals a day, plus snacks are eaten at this table so a simple centerpiece that doesn't take up too much space is right up my alley.

I did purchase a thick wood slice at Michael's, with a 40% coupon it definitely made it something I couldn't pass up. Then I searched my fall decorations bin to find things in varying heights to put on the wood slice.  I had a vine with little pumpkins on it, so I clipped each pumpkin off and placed them in a vase.  Then I had a Fall-ish floral arrangement so I searched for a tall vase to place it in.  I found the perfect one and it was the perfect height, but I felt it was too plain.


I thought maybe I could dip the rim in some gold paint or maybe spray paint the vase similar to what I did to a mason jar last year.  I landed on something in between and taped off a simple design and then got to spray painting!!


I felt it needed something else and because I had it available, I added the fake corn :)


So, how do you guys decorate your table for the Fall??  I would love to see pictures!!  And don't forget to check back on Friday to see some of my favorite things from around the blog world this week!!

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.