Thursday, December 5, 2013

Christmas: DIY Advent Wreath

I know I am a few days behind schedule on this, but better late than never right??  I have been wanting an Advent wreath, but wanted to save a few bucks and make it myself.  So, this year I did a few hours of Black Friday shopping and while I was out I was able to score a wreath for $1.99 from Michael's and added some cranberries for $1.47 for each stem (plus 30% off).  I already had the Advent candles, but when I purchased them I used a coupon from Hobby Lobby for $1.50.



I did have to purchase a candle holder, here is one similar to the one I found on Amazon.  So for the total cost of my wreath, I spent less than $20!!!  Here are the supplies I used. 


I didn't end up needing all of the berries for the wreath so I actually put the rest in my favored mason jar!!  More on that in a minute…for the wreath I simply cut strands from the berries and stuck them into the wreath.  I wrapped a branch of the wreath around the end of the strand, but that was it!  Then I placed the candle holder in the middle of wreath and placed the candles in their slots.  


For the leftover berries, I added them to the mason jar and placed it in front of my DIY chalkboard frame.  To bring in the Christmas season, I did make a bow and simply attached it to the frame with 3M Command Damage Free tape.  



I love the simplicity of it all, but most of all I love how it reminds me of Christmas.  What about you guys, what special things do you do for the Christmas season?

With much love,

Kristin

P.S. Don't forget to follow me on Instagram (@mybellabugblog) to see what our elf has been up to!

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.