Monday, November 24, 2014

Birthday Party Recap

Hey there!!!  Happy Thanksgiving week!  I hope you all had a relaxing and enjoyable weekend!  We celebrated Olivia's third birthday this past weekend and I wanted to share some of the celebration with you all! As I mentioned last week, the birthday girl requested a Cinderella party with lots of pink.  Her birthday gift from us was a Cinderella play dress and let me tell you, her sister and her both came in to our room at 6:55 AM on Saturday wearing their dresses and did not take them off until bedtime!


We purchased an electric bubble machine on Amazon and luckily the rain held off until after the party so the kiddos enjoyed running through the bubbles outside!  I just absolutely love this picture my husband captured, the absolute pure joy on her face is priceless!

Here are a few of the decorations and set up for the party.  For the dessert table, I decided to have a sampling of desserts this year.  Normally it is just cupcakes, but the past few birthdays the girls have asked for a cake too.  So I made the cake and marshmallow pops, but bought the cupcakes from a local bakery.


I dipped the marshmallow tops into candy melts, then dipped into a small bowl of sprinkles.  I placed the marshmallow pops in the fridge to let them set for about ten minutes, then put the cupcake wrappers on the sticks and onto the little stand.  The stand is made from a styrofoam block that I wrapped in tissue paper.


I found a free printable for the cupcake toppers on Pinterest and printed them on semi-gloss photo paper at home.  The 'Happy Birthday' bunting was also found on Pinterest.  The bunting letters were printed at home as well, but on white card stock paper.

Here is an overview shot of the table with the decorations hanging above.  I grabbed a stack of papers from my scrapbook supplies and cut them into triangles for the banner.



For the mantel, I made a tissue tassel garland and I am totally in love with it!!  Here is the tutorial I found on Pinterest, I just cut (free hand) thin strips with scissors.





We served up fajitas, but also made peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the kiddos.  As a party favor for all the little princesses, I found crowns and wands from the Target dollar section!


Olivia requested a strawberry cake with white icing and three cherries on top, so that is what I made for her!



And because I just love her expression in this picture, I had to share some more cuteness with you all!


Thank you for letting me share with you all and I hope your week is off to a good start!!  I am working on an Advent calendar this week and hope to have the details for you all on Friday.

Wishing you all a very Happy Thanksgiving!!

With much love,

Kristin

 Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.