Wednesday, October 15, 2014

Back To The Drawing Board

We are going back to the drawing board so to speak for our home office.  As we continue on a path to try and get our paper piles organized and filed, we found that the current state of our home office wasn't functioning for us.  Don't get me wrong, I still love the look of the set up, but when it came to meeting our needs it was unfortunately falling short.  Over the last few months, we found that we were needing a proper filing system and a place to put our books, binders, and magazines.  I think the only thing that stayed organized were my scrapbooking drawers, but honestly that is probably because I haven't done much scrapbooking lately.    To refresh your memory, here is a picture of the current set up of our office.



One of the main things we noticed and have failed to do is get things filed in a timely manner.  We do have file boxes to file our different papers, but the problem is there are several file boxes and in various locations throughout the office.  Yes, the office isn't that big of a space, but I wasn't filing the papers instead I was making stacks to file later.  I know I sound extremely lazy here, but I didn't feel like pulling the appropriate file box off the shelf, remove the lid and then file the papers.  I realized I really wanted all of the filing in one place...introducing problem number one!

Problem number two was a proper place for our binders.  The expedit shelves couldn't store all of them, so the others are located in the dresser.  Great that they are out of sight, but that is also part of the problem.  The other part is they are scattered throughout the office...noticing a trend here! I really want everything in one location...total lazy butt over here.

Problem number three - we have been downsizing in some of the rooms and have gotten rid of the majority of our bookcases.  I love that aspect in our bedrooms (mainly the master), since it has given us more space in there.  However, the books that I just couldn't get rid of don't have a home right now and have been living in boxes.  That is totally sad to me, I love the written word and total dork alert over here, but I love the smell of books.

So, after thinking about what best suited our needs we felt that we needed some sort of bookcase system in there.  Something that could hold all of our binders and books, and something that would hold our files in one place.  Don't worry though, I have a plan for those expedit shelves in our upstairs closet...not getting rid of those babies anytime soon especially since Ikea doesn't carry them anymore.    

Well, now that we have an idea of what we want in our home office it is time to hit up Pinterest and my home magazines for some inspiration!  Here are a few of our inspirations that have really helped get the creative juices flowing!!

{ via }

{ via }

{ via }
  We have started demoing in the office, but it has been a slow process.  We have made progress, along with some nice little bumps as well, but I will be sharing those details in an upcoming post soon.

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.