Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Halloween Crafts & Creepy Crawly Pumpkins

The other day when I was on Pinterest, I came across a really cute Halloween craft so of course I pinned it quickly and then got the message that I had already pinned it.  So as I was looking at one of my boards (Kid/Toddler Crafts) I realized I have pinned A LOT of crafts for the kiddos, but that is about all I have done.  I decided it was time to start actually doing some of the crafty pins I had pinned and thought I would start with some Halloween crafts.  Here are links to the three crafts we decided to start with: Frankenstein, Scarecrow, Bat

Necessary Supplies:

Popsicle sticks (I used 9 for each scarecrow and frankenstein)
Toilet paper roll (2)
Black, orange, yellow construction paper
Green, Black, White, Brown/Dark Orange Paint
Goggly eyes
White chalk marker

After I glued the popsicle sticks together, the girls got to painting.  Note: I glued the popsicle sticks together while the girls were eating breakfast and that was plenty of time to let the glue set.


Once they were done with Frankenstein, we moved on to the scarecrow.  I placed the frankenstein popsicles on some construction paper to let them dry.


Next up was our bat.  Each girl got a toilet paper roll and went to town painting it all black.


Once everything was done, the girls wanted to use the rest of their paint to do some "free hand" painting...aka going to town on the white paper that covers up their little table.  This kept them occupied until everything was dry to put on the faces.  The girls wanted their scarecrows to be girls so we added eyelashes, because to them that means you are a girl...not sure where they come up with that, but I just roll with it.  They also wanted to add a "girly" flower to the scarecrows hat.


Don't mind the bathing suit...it was just one of her many outfit changes of the day.


To make the wings and ears of the bat stand out more, I outlined them in white chalk marker.  I also used the marker to draw the fangs on each bat.

Last week, we also decorated a few more pumpkins.  At a local pumpkin patch each girl picked out a small pumpkin and during one of their nap times I spray painted them white.  Then after nap time, the girls and I glued little spiders on them.  I found the bag of spiders at Target.


I know this isn't a typical post from me, but I wanted to share with you all some of the easy crafts the girls and I have been up to.  Jeremy and I are still working on the office, but unfortunately the progress has been a little slow.  I am trying to get the photos all edited and uploaded so I can hopefully share a post with you later this week.  We have also been busy on some patio projects that I can't wait to share with you all!!

With much love,

Kristin



Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.