Monday, November 11, 2013

DIY Chalkboard Frame & Free Printable

Happy Monday y'all and a very Happy Veteran's Day and a big thank you to all our men and women who serve and have served our beautiful country!!!!

I totally woke up this morning thinking I would get my post up before the girls woke up....then they woke up and we have been coloring and playing outside soaking up this beautiful weather!!! Better late than never....right???  :)

I did a little crafting this weekend getting more in the spirit for Thanksgiving.  I even made a free printable for you to enjoy, but first let's get to the little craft.  It all started with a picture frame I found at Home Goods, and then decided to make it a chalkboard sign.  It will serve many purposes for us, one it can be used around the house writing different inspirational quotes on it and second it can be used for a prop for my husband's photography!!!  Woo hoo...I love getting multiple uses out of things!


I absolutely love the distress look of this frame and you can't beat the price for $9.99 for an 11x14 picture frame!  To turn it into a chalkboard, I very easily painted three coats of Valspar Chalkboard paint directly onto the glass.  Once it was completed, I had an instant chalkboard.  I really do love how simple and easy it was to transform this frame to a chalkboard.  As an alternative to the glass, you could use a masonite board in its place, which is a good alternative if the kiddos are using this.  We did something similar here, but mounted the frame on the wall.

Now to decide what to write on it - I went simple and decided on "Give Thanks."  Deciding where to put the frame was a little trickier...here are three options.





I really like it with the silverish pumpkin, which was a day after Halloween steal from Michaels for $3.99, but I also really, really love it with the fall foliage I have.  Decisions, decisions!!!!  :)

Well, while I move that around the house for the next couple of days you can print this FREE chalkboard printable that is sized for an 8x10 frame.



I decided to frame mine in a white 8x10 frame that was purchased from Ikea and then place a few pumpkins around it.




So what are you guys doing to get in the Thanksgiving spirit??

With much love,

Kristin

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.