Thursday, November 14, 2013

Organizing the Junk Drawer

I know I sound like a broken record, but I am still working on getting the office desk organized.  I don't know why I keep struggling with it, it has been keeping me up at night...no joke...thinking of the best way to organize the shelves and drawers.  I have organized a few drawers and even posted a pic on Instagram of some organization in progress - although I have already changed it a little since posting the pic :/  I think I have in my head that it has to look picture perfect and be completely functional, but in reality I need it to be organized in a way that makes sense for us and unfortunately that is what is taking time.

So to lift my spirits up, I decided to take a little break from my organizing puzzle of the desk and tackle the "junk" drawer in our kitchen.  This drawer seems to have been designated the "throw everything in it drawer and hide it from the company."  Anybody else have a drawer like this, please tell me I am not the only one.  Needless to say, it was getting out of hand...so much so that I even found a winning scratch off in the back of the drawer.  What, what!!!  Noting to break the bank, but I can treat myself to a Starbucks with a smile - that's what I am talking about!!  So without further ado, let me show you the newly organized junk-no more drawer.



Seriously, this drawer took me about 15 minutes to organize and gave me a nice little confidence boost to get back at organizing the office desk.  Let's step back a moment and look at what I started with.


My first step was to empty out everything from the drawer and lay it all out on the counter.  This is my preferred method, so I can start with a clean slate and see everything that I have.  For me, it is easier to have it all out in the open so I can go through it and make my piles of what to keep, donate, throw away, and keep but in another location.


As you can see, I did have some baskets to corral some of the things, but they weren't being used in the best manner.  On one of my recent trips to Target I found in the dollar section some plastic baskets and they are just the perfect size.  My only beef is that the baskets are not all the same color, slightly OCD over here, but right now I am happy with the results of the drawer.  I will probably go back at a later date and spray paint all the baskets the same color...I might even go bold with my color choice so it adds a nice pop of color to the drawer.


And of course a before and after is needed!!




Anybody take on a short organizing job and it really give them a boost to keep moving on the organizing train???  Happy Thursday y'all!!!

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.