Tuesday, December 9, 2014

How To Make A Placemat Pillow

I am a huge lover of adorable and comfy pillows, especially Christmas pillows.  They are seriously the cutest, but then I look at the price tag.  I just can't pay $24.99 for a Christmas pillow.  So when I came across this post on making your own pillows from a placemat, I was SOLD!!  I have no sewing skills what so ever and I was able to do it.  I am 100% serious when I say I can't sew, my skills don't go past sewing a button.

On a recent trip to Target, I found two cute placemats that were on sale for $2.99 each.  (NOTE: The placemats do need to be double sided.)  Then I went over to JoAnn's since they had their poly-fil on sale for 40% off, which made it $5.99 a bag.  I bought two bags, but ended up only needing one bag for two pillows...can you say another placemat pillow is in my near future!!


I opened the stitch on one end big enough so I could put my arm in to fill up the pillow.


Then I got to stuffing my pillow with half a bag of the poly-fil (32 ounce bag).  I was able to stuff each placemat and sew them back up in a little over 30 minutes total!



I didn't think I could be this much in love with a pillow, but I just love how they turned out AND how super easy they really were!  You can bet no placemat is safe from me now!!  If I did my math correctly, I can make four placemat pillows for the price of one...holy moly that is beyond awesome!

I hope you all are having a splendid week...it is almost Friday!

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.