Monday, November 25, 2013

Celebration Time!!

This weekend we celebrated Miss Olivia's second birthday with our family and close friends!!  Being two she didn't really have a preference on a "theme" so I decided to keep it simple and go with splashes of her "favorite" colors :)  I shared a few pics on Instagram (@mybellabugblog) as I was in party prep mode, but wanted to share more of the details here today.



It all started a few weeks ago with an invitation that I designed in Photoshop.  The image of the elephants was found on the internet because my skills to create in Photoshop are limited.


I also used Photoshop to make decorations (cupcake toppers, banner, water bottle labels) and then used my punch out for the cupcake toppers.  Of course the gray chevron is my addiction, but Olivia does love pink right now so of course I used this as the main color for the decorations.  A good friend of mine has been a big inspiration for me, especially when it comes to party planning.  I love her creativity and ability to design such beautiful parties that always feel so special!  I love being able to add special touches to the girls' parties…actually to any party or gathering!!  I know it might sound silly, but for me it is a way to show the love in the little special touches.





We had a drink station of tea, lemonade and water…the lemonade was the top pick for the party!!



The food for the party was simple and delicious…Mexican food!  We grilled chicken and pork fajitas and had all the delicious toppings to fill our bellies.  But what is most important for any birthday party….DESSERT!!!  I made vanilla and strawberry cupcakes with cream cheese icing and I did my first attempt at baking a cake for a birthday party.  The cake was a gluten free yellow cake with the same cream cheese icing I made for the cupcakes.  I usually stick with cupcakes, but I really wanted to add a little cake for Miss Olivia and I think it is a tradition I will continue!!  



And then I got the award for "Best Mom" because I sent the kiddos home with even more sugar!!


In the past we have done games or crafts, but we decided to just do a photo booth for this party.  We kept it very simple, I purchased fabric from Hobby Lobby (with a 40% off coupon of course) that I plan to reuse for a project down the line.  We got a few props from Party City that were a couple bucks or less each and the rest we had from previous parties or photo shoots.


My sweet Anabella was in serious mode, so I thought I would be serious too….until she caught me :)  That is okay, I was able to get her to smirk at least!


There was no fooling Miss Olivia though!  She was more interested in the little hat on top of mommy's head, which she proceeded to pull off a split second after the photo was taken.


Not sure if the adults or kiddos had more fun :)








Needless to say, I had a blast and enjoyed spending some quality time with family and friends!  After a few more photos for the rest of our guests (since clearly I was hogging the photo booth…jeez!!) we finished the party with cake and presents!


She starting licking the icing before I could cut the cake…that's my girl!!


The presents that Olivia received definitely made her and her sister happy girls!!  This momma was especially grateful to have a bestie that can sew.  I saw this cute apron on a favorite blog and sent it immediately to her.  I can sew a button, but that is about the extent of my talents :(  Luckily, she is very talented and was able to make this awesome apron!


Full bellies and a happy heart…I will call this party a success!!!  Thank you to all of our family and friends that were able to celebrate Miss Olivia's party!

With much love,

Kristin

     


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.