Thursday, October 17, 2013

Unintentional Ikea Hack: DIY Wall Calendar

This is a sad sob story that turned out all smiles in the end!!!  Well, not that many tears, but still all smiles in the end!  A while back we purchased a chalkboard/dry erase board from Ikea, which I highly encourage - my girls absolutely love writing on it.  Unfortunately, the easel was left outside, under the covered patio, but it still got damp from the rain one night.  The water only damaged the chalkboard side so my darling husband cut the legs off the easel and I decided to make use of the dry erase board.


I painted the edges with three coats of Sherwin Williams Rainstorm.

  
Next step was to use some Washi Tape as the dividers and then use the Silhouette Cameo to cut out the letters for each day.



It was a super simple project that didn't take too long, which is a big plus in my book.  We plan to use the calendar in our office above our future command center, which is still in the works.  I am at least one step closer to getting this corner of the office organized...next step is tackling the dresser!


In the end, this momma is all smiles for getting a second life out of the slightly damaged easel.  As for my kiddos, we have since purchased a new easel from Ikea and it happily stands in our playroom far away from the raindrops!!

With much love,

Kristin


Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.