Friday, October 11, 2013

Food For Thought: Italian Sausage & Vegetable Soup

Happy, Happy Friday!!!  This slightly "cooler" weather has me busting out my dutch oven and getting my soup fix on!!  And yes I know some people will be laughing at me when I say cooler weather, but I will say the weather this past week has been truly wonderful.  Like so super wonderful, that I don't start sweating the minute I step outside :)

This week's recipe is for a yummy, yummy soup that I could seriously make year round!  It is a very simple recipe and any vegetable can easily be substituted or omitted to your liking.



Ingredients:

1 Pound Italian Sausage
1 Package of Fresh Cheese Tortellini
4 Cans Beef Broth (size 14.5 oz)
1 1/2 Cups Dry Red Wine
1 Can Tomato Sauce
1 Can Diced Tomatoes
1 Can Cut Green Beans
1 Medium Onion, diced
2 Garlic Cloves, minced
2 - 3 Large Carrots, diced
3 Stalks of Celery, diced
1 Large Zucchini, diced
1 Large Squash, diced
Fresh Basil
Fresh Parmesan (for garnishing)

Saute the Italian Sausage with the onion and garlic in a dutch oven or stock pot, drain excess.  Add broth, wine, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, carrots, and celery to the sausage mixture.  Bring to a boil, then put on low heat for about 30 minutes (want a very low simmer).


Then add zucchini, squash, green beans, and tortellini for about 10 - 15 minutes, or until pasta is al dente.



Just before serving, add fresh chopped basil and ladle into bowls.


Just looking at these pictures again makes me want to whip out my dutch oven!!!  There was some chopping involved for this soup, but it is totally worth it and it is absolutely yummy in your tummy!!


Happy Friday Y'all!!

With much love,

Kristin

Follow on Bloglovin

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.