Monday, June 1, 2015

Up Close & Personal With Our Office Built-Ins

Although we still have to put up the moulding, I wanted to share with you a few more up close pictures of the built-ins.  I am still struggling with styling the bookcases and making tweaks when a new idea pops in my head.  Most of the items on the shelves are from things we already had in the house and most, like the books, were packed away in the garage.  It was definitely nice to put some of  our favorite things all in one place.


Over the past six months, I have been scouring the clearance section at Target and picking up a few things here and there to add a little extra pretty to the office.


One of the first things I added was some of our favorite pictures of the girls and another set of books from the girls' library in a white basket from Target.  In true fashion, I did spray paint a few things that didn't match the color scheme like the picture frame below.


My NASA stuff has been packed away since I left in 2011, so it has definitely been nice to see some of it back out.  The painting of the shuttle on the slate was painted by my lovely husband...his talents still amaze me!



The shelves above the file cabinet are mainly reserved for our go-to items, like our planners and printer paper.


I found some magazine file holders at Target on clearance, but they were just plain cardboard so I wrapped them in wrapping paper to give them a little something extra.  I also found the paper tray holder on an online garage sale site and knew it would be perfect to hold our printer paper.


The box I found on clearance at Walmart during black Friday a few years ago is still going strong and holding our cords.


I also decided to spruce up some antlers with some spray paint!!


We did manage to install some hooks on another wall, a set of hooks on each side of the door.  One set is for Jeremy's photography bags and the other is for the girls' backpacks.



I am planning to cover a large cork board in some leftover fabric I have in the closet and hang above the girls' backpacks.  The plan is to use the cork board kind of like a message/information board.


Right outside the office doors is our entryway table, which has a basket on it that I drop our mail in before I sort through it.  Usually around the girls' nap time I will sort through the mail or later in the evening, so I wanted to create a little drop-zone in the office that was quick and easy.  I painted a few labels I had in my scrapbook pile with chalkboard paint and then attached them to the basket with some baker's twine. I then labeled some folders I purchased from Target about a year ago with my label maker.

There are still a few things left to do in the office, but we have been loving the new set up!  I am still working on organizing all of our files in the file cabinet and hope to share with you soon how I tackled that beast! 

With much love, 

Kristin 

Linking up with:

1 comment:

  1. AnonymousJuly 21, 2015

    GREAT JOB ! So much storage & looks GREAT too !

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.