Wednesday, August 28, 2013

Girls' Bathroom Reveal

Although my girls are still toddlers, I wanted to decorate their bathroom in a way that could grow with them, but still incorporate things that they love right now. Although some of my endless searches in the stores and on the internet were tedious at times, like trying to find a white elephant soap dispenser, in the end I am giddy with the end result.

The one thing I knew for certain was that I wanted the walls to be painted a shade of gray.  What color of gray was a little more tedious than I expected.  Finally, after purchasing a couple of paint samples, we decided to go with Valspar Wet Pavement in a Satin finish.  I actually love this color so much, we painted our downstairs bathroom the same color.  I think this is where my love affair with gray started, and yes I mean the color gray...not the other 50 shades of grey :)  I honestly haven't even read that book...yet!

If you remember from my first bathroom post I spray painted some frames white and put pictures of my darling girls in them.


And then I purchased the towel hangers from Ikea.  This was my first project in this bathroom and the start of my love for spray paint as well :)  A lot of love going around in this bathroom already!! Then I started a search for the perfect mirror to replace the builder grade mirror.  Found the perfect one at Kirkland's Outlet one day...perfect in size and price - I got this baby for $25 dollars!


We also wanted to replace the light fixtures in all our bathrooms, but didn't want to break the bank since we were planning to purchase new sink faucets as well.  Basically wanted to do a small upgrade to the bathrooms for as little as possible.  We purchased the light fixtures at Lowe's.  The hand towel was an awesome find at Home Goods...another store I LOVE!!!  I was actually scouring the bathroom aisles looking for a white elephant soap dispenser and stumbled across these beauties.  By the way, I also found the soap dispenser.  I was able to purchase two hand towels at $5 each and the soap dispenser for $7, did I mention I LOVE that store.


Why an elephant you ask, well let me tell you.  One of the girls' favorite animals at the zoo is an elephant.  They also adore giraffes, but I wasn't having much luck finding a giraffe soap dispenser and honestly thought the elephant would be easier to find.  Well I found one, but it definitely took some searching.    


I found on another trip to Home Goods recently, the white cup that holds the girls' toothpaste.  I have big plans for this cup to spruce it up, but that is on the to-do list for now.  The only thing wrong with this picture is the sink faucet.  We purchased the replacement a while back when they were on sale, just haven't had the chance to swap it out yet.   


{source}



Next up for this bathroom was finding a rug and shower curtain.  I wanted plain and simple for the curtain, a very light pink curtain.  Found it online at Amazon here.  


I was able to find the rug at Urban Outfitters.  Unfortunately they don't have the exact rug online anymore.  They still have the design, just not the color.  I did however see similar rugs with the same color scheme at Home Goods on my last trip.  Here is a picture of the rug a little more up close, so you can see all the pretty shades of pink throughout.
  
 


The most recent addition was discussed in a post early this week that you can read more about here.  My husband, built and stained the shelves.  I purchased a few white frames for a picture of the girls and the other for some subway art I created - the 8x10 was from Ikea and the 5x7 was from Home Goods.


  And because I love this bathroom and think it is so stinking cute here are a few more pictures!!





With much love,

Kristin 
Follow on Bloglovin

4 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing on Instagram. I just love it!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so very much!!! I just LOVE reading your blog and all the inspiration!

      Delete
  2. I love the rug :)

    Melanie ~ www.iheartsharingthings.blogspot.fr

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, it is one of my favorite things in the bathroom....besides the pictures of my girls of course :)

      Delete

Thank you for taking the time to leave a comment! All comments are moderated and might take a moment to appear.